What is a Domain?
Domains are Route53 Hosted Zones to be used with your Citadel Environment.
Creating a Domain
Let's now configure a domain in your environment so that later we can create records pointing to your applications hosted in your Citadel environment.
- Sign in to Citadel and navigate to the Environment section
- If you do not have an Environment created, click on Create an environment
- Follow the instructions at Environments
- On the Environment page, on the left side, select the Domains menu
- To create a new domain, click the New Domain button
- Fill out the fields as directed below:
- Enter the Domain Name. For help choosing a domain name, see below.
- Click Create
Choosing a domain name
Given the following example:
The company is called PiedPiper with the main domain
They have a website and a web application with the following domain names:
- Web App:
They also have 3 environments for their web app:
The recommended Citadel setup will be:
Domain (Hosted Zone)
On this page