Prerequisites to use Citadel
To use the Citadel app, you need the following prerequisites.
- Internet connectivity: AWS is a cloud computing platform, so you need an internet connection to access and use the services.
- A credit card: To use some of the paid AWS services, you need to provide a credit card that will be used for billing purposes.
- An AWS account: To use AWS, you need to create an AWS account. This is a free process, and you will need to provide basic information, such as your name and contact information.
- An AWS Organization: To get started with Citadel, you must first create an Organization in your Management (also known as Master) AWS account.
- Audit and Log Archive AWS Accounts: Within AWS Organizations, you will need to create Audit and Log Archive accounts. (Citadel manages your AWS accounts using AWS Organizations.).
The Management account is responsible for providing some critical AWS services to the other AWS accounts.It's important to note that there are limits on the number of AWS accounts that you can have in an organization and the number of features you can enable. You should review the AWS Organizations documentation for more information on these limits.
Account: Audit | Email: [email protected];
Account: Prod | Email: [email protected];
Security Alerts: Email: [email protected];
See more about Choosing email addresses for your AWS account here.
- Alternatively, you can create an AWS Control Tower:
AWS Control Tower is a fully managed service that makes it easier to set up and govern a new, secure, multi-account AWS environment based on best practices established through AWS expertise and customer experience. It provides a pre-defined set of guardrails and preconfigured landing zones to help you establish a secure, multi-account AWS environment.
On this page